Monday 16 May 2011

Buy clothes, or why I have yet to learn to ignore the numbers

That was not the case for me. In fact, committed on 9 October and not set foot in a wedding hall to as much as three months after committing. There were a couple of reasons.
Womens Low Cost Mermaid Chapel Satin Simple Wedding Gown in our Coat Factory sw008
First, I did not want to shop early. I thought I could change my mind if I have my dress well in advance and did not want to regret dress. Secondly, I knew the bride size is very different size clothes, and I was not ready to try on clothes in a larger size than I'm used to. Had much to do with my ongoing struggles with disordered feelings about food and exercise. I knew it would be a great success for my ego, so I've spent the last few months trying to prepare myself and remind myself that the wedding-dress size is different, but it's nothing to worry about. It's just a dark number ... like the number on the scale.

On a whim, my mom and I decided to try to see a couple of bridal shops on a Sunday. Share the moment with my mom was a great experience, and it was fun to see myself in wedding dresses for the first time. However, the sizes of the clothes hit me like a ton of bricks. I know it should not matter, but honestly really almost totally ruined the experience for me Prom Dresses.

It is both frustrating and fascinating the kinds of things that happen to be emotional triggers for me. A few weeks ago was fashion show Victoria's Secret (but that was a trigger very obvious). This time it was a number on the label of an absolutely stunning wedding dress that I lost interest in completing due in part to the size of the label. I know it sounds ridiculous, but was true for me.
2011 Collection of Informal Discount Sleeveless Chapel Organza Simple Wedding Gown on Factory Price sw009
The journey of eating disorders is long. So far in 2011 have taken many positive steps, such as agreeing to dress well shopping in the first place. Took a lot of mental effort on my part to reach an agreement, even to start trying. Do not go exactly as I expected it to be, but I have to remember what a blessing to share moments like this with my mom, who just a few years ago was sick with cancer. She is happy and healthy and supportive. I have a boyfriend who thinks I'm beautiful and I can not wait to see me walking down the aisle in any dress you choose. I can not ask much more than both.

Does anyone else have an experience less than perfect looking wedding dresses?

No comments:

Post a Comment